Here’s a good Winnmere aerial. It’s the Given farm property in the late 1940s, with annotations. Photo sent by Ron Given and marked up with his help.
This is the corner of Cambridge St. (Route 3A) and Wilmington Road (Route 62), currently the home of a bustling Mobil station and Carli Convenience. The building in the background is the North School, which still stands today at the corner of Chestnut Ave. and Wilmington Road, painted red and purple at the moment. The first two pics are 1930. Second pair is late 1950s.
The Turkey Whist poster refers to St. Mary’s Mission on the corner of Winn and Center Streets. It later became St. Margaret Parish and moved to its current location.
That’s Kay Motors on the left, run by “Old Honest Dennis,” also known as Dennis Wager. It’s long gone. But that white house lives on!
Millie’s Variety was on the corner of Cambridge St. and Four Acre Drive, before the latter existed. Photo credit: Stan Anderson Jr., whose parents owned the place.
They also owned the gas station across the street, where Sister Thrift is now:
Car wreck, Burlington MA, undetermined location. From the Herald Traveler via Boston Pubic Library:
Lantern Lane, 1954. Photo credit: Dianne Ballon. Story here.
Town Hall: 1915 to 1969
Route 128 construction. This was shot looking north, just after the Middlesex Turnpike exit. Full story here.
1950s International Pickup in Chandler Road woods:
This is Olson Farm, which became Veterans Playground at the corner of Wilmington Road and Westwood Street. Photos sent by Carl Olson. Full story here.
Mack’s Place, Cambridge St. at Bedford Street, 1930s. Run by Mack MacInnes, who lived in the store with his wife.
The Grange was an American agricultural advocacy and lobbying organization founded after the Civil War.