These are internal notes. Due to a WordPress software flaw, I have to “publish” them temporarily.
Grey Squirrel ad 1935
RCA Burlignton MA. Bill Livezey standing on the right.
Maple Knoll Turkey Farm sign. Marie on the right. Burlington, MA
Maple Knoll Farm truck, Burlington MA
Marie Seminatore on tractor, Burlington MA
Seminatore property c. 1970. Photo credit: Susan Salvato Alfano
Seminatore barn, now the chapel at Pine Haven Cemetery
The three founders of High Voltage Engineering Corporation (HVEC) stand by the company’s Emperor tandem test facility. They are L-R: Robert Van de Graaff; Denis Robinson; and John Trump.
One of several tanks that comprised a “Transuranic Tandem Particle Accelerator” off South Bedford Street. What did it do? It tried to merge two uranium nuclei, something never done before, with the goal of creating new super-heavy elements as potential power sources.
26 Mountain Road is bottom left. Mountain Road goes left to right, and Burlington Street goes off to the bottom right.
DuCett’s with cider jugs
DuCett’s in living color
The area today. Note that 2 Rita Avenue faces the corner where the family business used to stand.
Stylianos and Lena
Young Tim on Horn Pond, Woburn
Esther Regan’s handiwork
Distant Early Warning (DEW) lines, the tripwires that would put Nike missile sites into combat mode.
Target radar and control room
Burlington missile array
Northeastern University Burlington campus, 1960s. The whitish rectangle in the parking lot is a former missile silo.
Looks like nobody was injured except the marquee.
Dale Pharmacy in 1957. It’s now Raja & Rana’s Indian Market. Photo Credit: Dale Cascio
Brunswick Bowl-Away Lanes on Terry Ave. (now Storage Unlimited) behind Papa Gino’s
Nothing to see here, except Carol’s and Ray’s in the background.
Mike and Helen Valerio
Snowflake School mention 1965
Snowflake School on playground list
Snowflake School rendering 1965
The “T” intersection in the foreground is the Middlesex Turnpike and the future Burlington Mall Road. Photo Credit: Peter Nordblom
Spencer’s Gifts — A 50-year stalwart at the Burlington Mall
Burlington Mall Road on day one, Nov. 26, 1968
Caldor Mall on Middlesex Turnpike before it was de-malled. Now it’s Middlesex Commons, a plaza with no connecting hall