Site icon Burlington Retro

Church pays off its mortgage — then burns it

Now known as Fellowship Bible Church, 71 Center Street

Rev. Sidney King

Rev. Sidney King founded the church when he split from the First Congregational Church (now known as the UCC) near Simonds Park. But back when he was still with the UCC, in 1957, his house was being moved from Center Street to the corner of Bedford Street and Church Lane when the carrier hit a rut. Goodbye house — and almost all of Rev. King’s possessions.

Rev. John Walden . . .

 

. . . and family.

 

Here’s an addition to the church going up in the mid-1980s:


 

 

Exit mobile version