Stoneybrook Road, top end and bottom end.
Sun Luck was Burlington’s first big restaurant.
Winn Street at Cambridge St.
Burlington’s high-tech lineup, early 1960s:
Pine Glen Elementary School students, grades four and five, 1963
West School restoration and dedication, 1964. This was one of four neighborhood schools later consolidated into one, the Union School (now the police station) in 1897. The other three schools are the North School (still standing at the corner of Chestnut Ave. and Wilmington Road, currently painted purple and red), the South School (Lexington Street near the Mall Road, now long gone), the East School (on Mountain Road, long gone).
Photos courtesy of Michelle Locke.
Burlington Lumber, on Chestnut Ave. behind La Cascia’s.
Bob Murray, Burlington developer
1963 Chevy Bel Air in woods near Fox Hill Elementary School. Note the Fisher body emblem. Those were billed as “time-proof.” Well, the body hasn’t lived up to that billing, but the emblem has!